DOAM FOUNDATION PROGRAMME OFFICER ADVERT
• DOAM Foundation is a fast growing Non-Profit Organization focusing on the enhancement of education and health of orphaned and vulnerable children. The Foundation is presently seeking for skilled and highly motivated Programme Officers to join its team. The Programme Officer will be involved in proposal and report writing, community engagement, donor/benefactor stewardship and fundraising amongst others. In this role, She/He will be responsible for developing and sustaining long-term relationships with current potential donors to maximize their philanthropic participation with the Foundation and must have strong interest in working with vulnerable populations, especially children and the youth.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Database and donor relationship management
• Fund raising
• Research avenues and maintain a knowledge base to further develop and enhance the capacity of orphaned and vulnerable children (OVCs)
• Prepare routine reports on programmatic activities.
• Prepare grant agreements and maintain grantee files.
• Monitoring and evaluation of funded projects.
• Develop ideas, projects and provide support to the Programme Manager to develop strategies and intended outcomes to actualize the Foundation’s mission and values.
• Work with the Programme Manager in partnering with other NGOs/CBOs and Institutions for building community driven strategies of improving the livelihood of orphaned and vulnerable children, including less privileged youths.
• Engage communities in defining their needs and building community driven strategies to address these needs.
• Any other duties as defined by the Programme Manager.
• A first degree in any social science discipline from a reputable University.
• Minimum of 3 years hands-on experience on programme development and management in the non-profit or development sector.
• Pleasant and amiable personality
• Good resource planning, organization and utilization skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Result oriented, with excellent report writing skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated capacity to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
• Intellectual agility and the ability to analyze think critically and understand issues and trends in the non- profit sector.
• Unquestionable ethics and personal integrity.
To apply for this role, please forward: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. A curriculum vitae, including names and contact details of three referees.
2. A cover letter describing why you are interested in the position and summarizing your relevant
experience and suitability for the position (no more than 1 page).
Please Note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: within two weeks from the date of publication.